Food and Textiles Technology Technician
Food and Textiles Technology Technician
Food and Textiles Technology Technician - Westminster
Tradewind Recruitment are working very closely with an 'Outstanding' Secondary School in the heart of the London Borough of Westminster in recruiting a Food & Textiles Technology Technician for approximately 2-3 months.
The appointed applicant will be working under the overall direction of the Head of Department, and in accordance with the practices and procedures of the School. Interested applicants must be able to provide technical support for teaching staff in Design and Technology to support teaching and learning within Health and Safety guidelines.
You will work across the Design & Technology department as well as Food & Textiles - So previous experience or knowledge as a Technician will be key.
* To provide technical support to staff teaching classes in Food and Textiles.
* To adopt a flexible working style to tackle a range of duties in the Design and Technology Department.
* To maintain all Food and Textiles practical and preparation areas in a workable and safe condition.
* To maintain kitchen/textiles equipment, machine and sundries Closely monitor and check equipment is in proper working order and all work areas
are clean and safe to ensure pupils are working in a safe learning environment in
accordance with Health and Safety Regulations.
As the appointed applicant you will be required to:
* Prepare and assemble teaching resources and equipment to support the Design and Technology curriculum and enable pupils to use them effectively in practical lessons.
* Prepare the Design and Technology rooms for use by the teachers eg: turn on gas isolation points etc
* Prepare and assemble materials and equipment as instructed to by staff in order to provide assistance in preparation for all activities due to take place within the school day.
* Assist as instructed in lesson time to oversee and supervise safe use of equipment by pupils.
* Handle all solvents and other materials with strict adherence to COSHH regulations and guidance.
* Undertake regular risk assessments to identify any potential hazards and ensure that all areas are safe without risk to pupils and staff.
* Compile a weekly shopping order to fulfil lesson requirements.
* Prepare materials under direction from teaching staff to support the curriculum and enable pupils to use them to support learning including classroom and corridor displays.
* Ensure that at the end of the school day all equipment and resources are properly and securely stored and that all gas and electrical isolation points are closed.
If you are interested in this Food & Textiles Technology Technician opportunity, trial days can be arranged immediately!!
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
*We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
*We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
*Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
*Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
*Online Portal for your timesheets and logs your availability
*Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this SEN Teaching Assistant role you will need to:
*Have or be willing to apply for an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference check.
*Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
*You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as Food & Textiles Technology Technician in Westminster. Or for more information about the role, contact Seema Parbat on 0207 845 5450 / email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 2nd year running!
Waltham Forest, London
£55 - £65 per day
Tameside, Greater Manchester
£22000 - £32000 per annum
Manchester, Greater Manchester
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.