Are you passionate about food and education? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic and supportive school environment? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a Food Technician to join our team at a mainstream secondary school in Greenwich.
- Assisting the food technology department in preparing and setting up practical lessons.
- Ensuring all necessary equipment and ingredients are readily available for practical classes.
- Assisting students with the safe and effective use of equipment during practical sessions.
- Maintaining cleanliness and hygiene standards in the food technology department.
- Supporting teachers in delivering practical lessons and providing guidance to students.
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations at all times.
- Assisting with stock control and ordering of ingredients and supplies.
- Undertaking general administrative tasks related to the food technology department.
- Providing support during extracurricular activities and events involving food preparation.
- A Degree/Masters in a relevant subject (e.g., Food Technology, Culinary Arts, Nutrition, Hospitality Management) is required.
- Previous experience as a Food Technician is desired but not necessary; we welcome applications from recent graduates or individuals with a strong interest in the field.
- An interest in food, nutrition, and culinary arts is essential.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with teachers, students, and other staff members.
- A proactive and flexible approach to work, with the ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations related to food preparation and handling.
- A commitment to maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
- Familiarity with relevant software and computer applications would be advantageous.
We offer a competitive salary ranging from £13.00 to £15.00 per hour, commensurate with qualifications and experience. As a full-time, long-term position, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the education and development of our students.
If you are enthusiastic, dedicated, and eager to contribute to a vibrant learning environment, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your qualifications, interest in the role, and relevant experience to the provided contact details.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contact Details: Freddie Sandford, Associate Education Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0207 845 5450 (option 2)
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.