Forest School Teacher
Forest School Teacher
Join Our Team as a Forest School Teacher at a SEN School in Birkenhead!
Are you passionate about creating inclusive and immersive learning experiences? Do you have a deep love for nature and a desire to make a difference in the lives of children with special educational needs? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Position: Forest School Teacher Location: Birkenhead Immediate Start
Role and Responsibilities: As a Forest School Teacher, you will play a vital role in creating a safe and engaging outdoor learning space for our students. Your responsibilities will include:
- Planning and leading forest-based activities that promote sensory exploration, teamwork, and personal development.
- Designing and adapting activities to cater to the diverse needs of our students, ensuring an inclusive and supportive environment.
- Fostering a love for nature and the outdoors, encouraging curiosity and a sense of wonder.
- Collaborating with the wider school team to align forest school activities with curriculum goals.
- Providing opportunities for students to develop key skills such as communication, problem-solving, and emotional regulation.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Relevant qualifications in education, forest school leadership, or a related field.
- Experience working with children with special educational needs, demonstrating a compassionate and patient approach.
- Strong understanding of outdoor education principles and child development.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Why Choose Tradewind:
- Impactful Work: You'll be part of a team that is making a real difference in the lives of children with special needs.
- Innovation: We encourage creative teaching methods that cater to individual learning styles.
- Support: You'll receive ongoing support and professional development opportunities.
- Positive Environment: Join a supportive and inclusive school community that values diversity.
To be considered for this position you will:
- have previous school experience and be familiar with the SIMS system
- Be a committed professional
- Be an organised, enthusiastic proactive person
-Hold a child workforce enhanced DBS certificate which is on the update service, or be willing to apply for a new one (costs refunded back to you when you complete 20 days work)
-have satisfactory references
-have a CV must that covers the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any gaps in employment must be explained;
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a Forest School Teacher.
As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
2. We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
3. Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however, we will happily accrue this upon request)
4. More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.