GCSE Maths Tutor - Online 1:1
GCSE Maths Tutor - Online 1:1
Tradewind are recruiting for a Maths Tutor to teach Looked After Children in Manchester on a part time & long term basis starting asap.
Have you taught or been a tutor in Maths up to GCSE level before?
This is a Maths Tutor role for someone with QTS and significant experience teaching young people Maths at secondary age or above. You will be required to plan and deliver lessons, monitor progress, write progress reports each week and differentiate your work to the individual needs of each pupil. Typically sessions for each pupil are 2hrs per week but can be more. Tutors will need experience of delivering GCSE level Maths. Tuition will take place online using a suitable online tuition platform.
Young people have a range of needs and abilities. All pupils are Looked After Children and therefore from vulnerable and challenging backgrounds. Many have an EHCP for SEND including Social, Emotional & Mental Health needs (SEMH) and challenging behaviours. Due to the nature of the pupils safeguarding is of paramount importance. Tutors need to be able to engage with hard to reach pupils quickly using a variety of strategies and methods to help them progress with their learning. Tutors must have strong behaviour management skills, be very resilient to challenging behaviour and adaptable to individual needs. You will need to show dedication and perseverance despite difficult situations.
While often challenging this is a fantastic opportunity to really make a difference to a young person that needs your support. You will have a chance to build a strong relationship with the young person and see their progress more clearly than perhaps you might if you were teaching a group.
If this sounds like a role for you read on and get in touch using the contact info below!
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
* An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
* Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.