Graduate Student Support Worker
Graduate Student Support Worker
Tradewind Recruitment are working alongside an Ofsted-rated 'Good' girl's secondary school and sixth form with academy status located in Earlsfield, Wandsworth. We are recruiting for an English or Humanities graduate who is looking for a role as a Student Support worker to join the already strong workforce. The school are now holding interviews and trials so if this role is for you then get in touch with us! The rate of pay is £80 per day.
About the School:
The school in question is an Ofsted-rated 'Good' secondary academy and sixth form school for girls located in Earlsfield, Wandsworth.
About the Role:
The position would suit a graduate looking to gain experience of working in schools.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate a commitment to working
with young people, from all backgrounds and abilities. This is a support role, where
the SSW needs to be able to work effectively with different teachers in a range of
The role will mainly involve work at Key Stage 4 GCSE-level, but some Key Stage 3
work is possible. Subject expertise will be considered to create the
candidate's timetable. SSWs are line managed by the SSW coordinator and the
Assistant Principal i/c Pupil Premium.
Duties to include:
* To support classes in English and / or Mathematics and / or Science and / or
Humanities and / or Languages, working with specific students to
improve their progress.
* To work with small groups and / or individual students on specific tasks, as
directed by the class teacher.
* To support students with SEND and/or Social Inclusion needs.
* To facilitate the differentiation of tasks for students.
* To support specific students with catch-up and intervention sessions, under
the supervision of senior staff and middle management.
* To support specific students with guided revision and homework, under the
supervision of senior staff and middle management.
* To support senior staff at lunch time to provide a calm and orderly
environment, in the refectory and around the school grounds.
* To participate in school trips, accompanying students and staff off-site for
educational visits, sometimes involving early start times or late returns.
* To ensure the school's health and safety guidelines are adhered to.
* To support all school policies including equal opportunities, bullying, behaviour
for learning etc.
The role will commence is to commence as soon as possible.
To join us and be successful in this role you will need to:
- Hold a high-level degree
- Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks (you can apply through Tradewind and get the cost of the DBS refunded after 20 days of working with us)
- Your CV must cover 10 years of employment
- Legal right to work in the United Kingdom
Tradewind are well-known for offering top rates of pay, more CPD (50 in total) than any other agency, a great referral bonus (up to £100 per person referred - so even if you are not looking, do get in touch with your referrals!) and termly networking and social events.
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this position in Earlsfield, Wandsworth; or alternatively, for more information please contact Zjantelle Makabali on 02078455450, option 2 / Zjantelle.email@example.com
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.