Head of Economics in Islington
Head of Economics in Islington
Tradewind are recruiting! Are you looking for you next role as Head of Economics in Islington?
Tradewind Recruitment are looking to recruit a Head of Economics to join a high achieving Business Studies and Economics Department from September 2021. The successful candidate will lead on the delivery of Economics and teach both Business Studies and Economics at KS4 and KS5. The ability to teach A-level Economics is essential.
Our client will expect the successful candidate to provide students with first-class subject knowledge of the business world.
Rated 'outstanding' by Ofsted, they is one of the top performing schools in the country based on GCSE outcomes. In 2019, 82% of our Year 11 students achieved a good pass (Grade C/4 or above) in both English and Maths while 36% of Year 11 students achieved a grade 7, 8 or 9. Their Business Studies and Economics department has consistently delivered outstanding outcomes. The courses offered within the department are very popular at both GCSE and A level.
The behaviour of students is similarly 'outstanding', and the disciplined environment allows the teachers to focus on delivering great academic outcomes.
They are very ambitious in our aim to provide the best possible opportunities for our students. They set high standards for all professionals working at the school and they also provide a very strong net of support for both new and existing colleagues.
As Head of Economics you will be accountable for:- -
- Sustained outstanding attainment in Business Studies and Economics across KS4 and KS5
- Sustained outstanding teaching and learning in Business Studies and Economics across KS4 and KS5
- Sustained outstanding assessment in Business Studies and Economics
- Sustained outstanding behaviour for learning - Promoting safeguarding of all students and equality of opportunity for all students and staff.
- Maintaining professional standards -
- Promoting the school's ethos and vision.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaching and Learning - Plan, prepare and deliver outstanding lessons across KS4 and KS5 to provide students with the opportunity to achieve their potential.
- Ensure that lessons are engaging and stimulating taking into account individual needs of the students.
- Manage, develop and share resources to enhance teaching of Business Studies and Economics.
- Contribute to objectives of the curriculum area within the school objectives and take part in an annual review of the subject and curriculum area.
- Prepare lesson plans and schemes of work as agreed with the Head of Department.
- Monitor the progress and achievement of the students.
Responsibilities of Head of Economics: -
- Lead curriculum development of the Economics course.
- Lead the production and development of schemes of work for the Economics course.
- Lead the development and maintenance of resources to support and ensure high quality learning on the Economics course.
- Facilitate and monitor the high quality planning of lessons including collaborative planning.
- Lead other Economics teachers within the department to deliver high standards of teaching within the course to ensure that students get the best outcomes.
- Monitor the production of homework by the students and lead interventions to ensure all students produce homework.
- Plan the system of assessment for the Economics course.
- Ensure that all exam board administration is completed to a high standard and on time.
- Lead on the promotion of the Economics course.
- Provide high quality advice to students considering studying Economics at A level and at university.
- Lead extra-curricular provision in Economics.
- Duties or responsibilities to achieve the purpose of the post.
You must have Qualified teacher status or teaching qualifications from another country allowing one to obtain QTS within a year of commencing employment. A degree level qualification in a relevant subject. Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Excellent teaching skills.
- An extensive knowledge of the National Curriculum for Business Studies and Economics.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to teach A level Economics (essential).
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a range of audiences.
- Ability to use ICT to facilitate learning and for effective management and administration.
- Ability to effectively assess and track students' progress.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- A commitment to inclusive education and equality of opportunity.
This client is based in central London with excellent transport links.
If this sounds like a role you would be interested in applying for or find out about other similar teaching opportunities contact Tradewind today!
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.