Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Join Our Team at Tradewind as a HLTA in a Special School for Young Minds!
Are you a dedicated Higher-Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) with a passion for making a positive impact on young lives? Look no further! Tradewind is delighted to present an exciting permanent opportunity for you to shine in a school that caters to young people aged 8 to 16 with social, emotional, and mental health difficulties.
About the School: Step into a nurturing environment where every day brings a chance to inspire and empower young minds. Our partner school is a specialised institution dedicated to providing a safe and supportive space for students who require extra care and guidance. As a HLTA, your role will be instrumental in helping these remarkable young individuals thrive.
What We Offer:
- Permanent Role: Secure your place as an integral part of the school community, fostering stability and growth for both you and your students.
- Rewarding Environment: Experience the incredible satisfaction of seeing your dedication and support directly impact the lives of young people who need it the most.
- Professional Development: We value your growth. Enjoy access to ongoing training and development opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge.
- Supportive Team: Work alongside experienced educators and a dedicated support network that shares your commitment to creating a positive learning environment.
- Competitive Salary: We recognise your skills and dedication with a competitive salary package that reflects your value.
Your Responsibilities: As a HLTA in this exceptional school, you will:
- Assist teachers in planning and delivering engaging lessons.
- Provide one-on-one and group support to students with social, emotional, and mental health difficulties.
- Foster a positive and inclusive classroom environment.
- Help students build confidence, resilience, and essential life skills.
- Collaborate with colleagues and external professionals to ensure each student's holistic development.
- Hold a relevant HLTA qualification or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience working with young people with social, emotional, or mental health difficulties is advantageous.
- A compassionate and patient approach, with a genuine passion for helping others succeed.
To be considered for this position you will:
- have previous school experience and be familiar with the SIMS system
- Be a committed professional
- Be an organised, enthusiastic proactive person
-Hold a child workforce enhanced DBS certificate which is on the update service, or be willing to apply for a new one (costs refunded back to you when you complete 20 days work)
-have satisfactory references
-have a CV must that covers the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any gaps in employment must be explained;
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a Higher Level Teaching Assistant.
As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
2. We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
3. Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however, we will happily accrue this upon request)
4. More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.