- KS3-5 History
- KS3 Geography
- September 21 start
- Permanent or Fixed term post/ Full timetable
- MPS-UPS Inner London Pay scale
Tradewind are currently looking for a dynamic humanities teacher with a specialism in History (KS3-5) and the ability to cover KS3 Geography lessons.
This is a full time, long-term role replacing a permanent teacher in September and the salary will be to scale (or above + possible TLR) dependant on your suitability for the role and experience.
We are looking for:
- A committed secondary teacher, who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning in this new, exciting role.
- A dynamic and driven individual who will support and lead on the delivery of the subject through exciting, inventive approaches including curriculum design and the use of ICT.
- Someone who can make themselves available for immediate interviews and interested in a permanent position.
The role: Teaching mostly KS3-5 History with Geography (RS teaching experience is not required)
Location: This good school is located in the SW London Borough of Merton, not far from Wimbledon station and is easily accessible by Rail and by car (parking on site).
A large co-educational comprehensive school successfully educating students aged from 11 to 19. Staff at this school are described as passionate and relentless about their students' learning & achievement.
What OFSTED said:
The school was judged as 'Good' in all categories. The school was described as 'effective in meeting the needs of all students whilst supporting them to achieve well and make good progress'. Leadership and management is graded as good and governance is strong, supporting and challenging their drive for improvement. Teaching is good and teachers have good knowledge of each student's learning and progress. The children's is also good 'students are courteous and polite, ensuring the school is a peaceful and harmonious community'. The Sixth Form retained its good grading by continuing to promote good learning and achievement, whilst raising self-esteem and promoting high aspirations.
As a History teacher, you will have the support of a cohesive and committed team of humanities teachers who work collaboratively to maintain high standards and expectations, plus:
- New, well equipped classrooms and access to new technologies.
- Comprehensive induction package and a wide range of CPD opportunities for all staff.
- Your own new laptop to help plan, prepare and deliver 'good - outstanding' lessons.
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
- Good pay rates
- Accredited CPD courses
- Excellent referral scheme (recommend a friend and earn up to £100 )
- Trial/ interview preparation and assistance
- Help with lesson planning
- Online Portal for availability updates and timesheets
- Free social and networking events in Central London venues
To qualify for this History (with Geography) teacher role, you will need to:
- Hold QTS status or overseas equivalent.
- Have an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks.
- Updated CV
- Have the legal right to work in the UK and be available to start work in September.
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as a History and Geography teacher in Merton. For more information about the role, please contact Carlo Randazzo on 0207 845 5450 / email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.