TEACHER OF HISTORY
Temporary Full time Contract (with the possibility of being permanent)
Tradewind are recruiting! Are you a passionate and engaging Teacher of History looking for a position in South East London to start in September 2020? Are you a talented historian with the ability to bring History to life? Can you deliver engaging lessons that inspire young minds? If so, contact us today to apply.
A popular and successful all-boys 11-18 school in South East London with an excellent reputation, outstanding pastoral care and consistently above national average academic results is seeking a Teacher of History for their successful Humanities faculty. The school has seen its numbers rise over the last few years and is officially oversubscribed from next year.
There are around 900 students on roll. Due to the improvements instigated over the last two/three years and also to address the increased need for provision in the community, from September 2017, the school engaged in an expansion programme. This will take the school to 1100 students on entry and will increase the school in size to approximately 1375 (including sixth form).
The school aim to be leaders in boys' education and this begins with a clear attention on developing effective teaching and not engaging in educational fashions or trends. Teachers are given the space and support to make positive changes to their teaching in a risk-free environment. Watching each other teach, sharing best practice and accepting professional obligations to enhance techniques of delivering the knowledge that pupils need.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Teacher of History with outstanding potential to join a successful department with committed teachers working as a close team. The appointed candidate is required to join the team from September 2020.
The successful Teacher of History will be joining a school that has:
* Has a track record of sustained improvements and outcomes for students at key stage points;
* Improving progress across all Key Stages;
* Worked strategically to enhance the progress of its students at all Key Stages;
* A dedicated staff who are hardworking, enthusiastic and collaborative in their approach to working together and one which contributes to a vibrant and supportive community;
* A supportive environment where staff development is an essential aspect of career development
* Has the wider education of its students at its heart and sees history as in integral part of this
We are seeking to appoint:
* A Teacher of History with a passion for delivering inspiring and exciting lessons
* A candidate with high expectations of themselves and their students
* A dedicated colleague who is keen to make a significant contribution to raising the attainment and progress of their students further and to producing successful, independent learners for the future
* A person who is flexible / adaptable and can 'react' to ever changing day to day situations within a school environment
* A person who has boundless energy and enthusiasm
To be successful in this role you will need to:
*Hold QTS status or equivalent teaching qualification.
*Have excellent knowledge of the History curriculum.
*This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, Overseas Police Clearance (if applicable) and professional reference checks.
*Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained.
*You must have the legal right to work in the UK.
If you would like further information on this role, please contact David at Tradewind on 0207 845 5450 or email David.email@example.com
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.