Job Title: History Teacher (Maternity Cover)
Location: South Liverpool
Start Date: End of November 2023
Duration: Until July 2024 (with potential for extension until October 2024)
School Rating: OFSTED Rated Good
About the School:
We are a vibrant and inclusive school located in the heart of South Liverpool. Our commitment to providing an excellent education to our students is reflected in our OFSTED rating of "Good." We have a dedicated and supportive team of staff who work together to create a positive learning environment for our students.
We are seeking a passionate and dedicated History Teacher to cover a maternity leave position starting at the end of November 2023 and continuing until October 2024, with the potential for extension. The successful candidate will join our History Department and play a key role in delivering high-quality history education to our students.
- Plan and deliver engaging history lessons that meet the needs of students at various levels.
- Teach History at KS3 and GCSE level.
- Create a positive and inclusive classroom environment that promotes learning and academic growth.
- Assess and monitor student progress, providing feedback and support as needed.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop and implement the history curriculum.
- Participate in departmental meetings and school-wide professional development activities.
- Bachelor's degree in History or a related field.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
- Previous experience teaching history at the secondary level.
- Strong knowledge of the UK National Curriculum for history.
- Excellent classroom management and communication skills.
- Hold an enhanced DBS or be willing to undertake a new one.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Supportive and welcoming school community.
- Opportunity for professional development.
- Potential for a long-term role beyond the initial maternity cover.
If you are an experienced History Teacher who is passionate about teaching and looking for an exciting new challenge, we would love to hear from you. Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as a History Teacher based in Liverpool. Or for more information about the role, contact Tce McCann on 0151 221 9666/ email@example.com
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.