Tradewind are recruiting! Are you a tutor/HLTA with experience and confidence of teaching students with BESD in Secondary ages and looking to work within Special needs in Bath?
Tradewind Recruitment is currently looking for SEN experienced HLTA/Tutors to support KS3 & KS4 students with BESD starting in January 2021. The role is full-time. This established SEN school near Bath requires the right candidates to support their learners with BESD out-of-school locations and aid them in their emotional and academic development through encouragement, positive behaviour management, and by creating engaging lessons. This is a long-term role starting next term with the potential of continuing next academic Year.
School is within easy reach of public transport around Bath, Keynsham, Warmley and would be easily reachable through buses and trains from most areas in Keynsham, Bath.
You must have a car to be able to work from different locations in and around Bath, which can be Church halls, Public Library and Leisure centres.
- A strong understanding of students with BESD
- Ability to support the student both academically and emotionally in a calm manner, adhere to safeguarding and behavioural policies at all times, and show adherence to professional boundaries. (Positive behaviour management training is highly desirable)
- A collaborative and driven individual who will be able to take directions from the SENCO and other Education professionals.
- Ability to deliver lessons planned by the teacher.
Role involves tutoring the learners outside the classroom and on a 1:1 basis. There might be times where tutoring might take place in a group setting inside and outside the classroom within the actual school if integration became possible. It also involves guiding the student emotionally and behaviorally at times of stress and helping them to overcome their barriers to social interaction and emotional recognition. There is great support given in regards to behaviour management.
In return, you will have the advantage of working for a reputable mid-sized SEN school where there is lots of support from the SLT and very experienced learning support and SEN team.
You will gain great amount of knowledge about supporting KS3 & KS4 aged students with behavioural challenges and reporting on behavioural changes as well as learning.
You will be considered for career development opportunities
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this HLTA role you will need to:
Have experience of working with young people with behavioural and social and emotional difficulties in Secondary ages and the ability to deliver lessons on a 1:1 basis to small groups.
Team-teach training is ideal but not necessary for the right experience in other related settings
This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as Or for more information about the role, contact Ross CHURN on 01173017578 / firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.