SEN HLTA - Hillingdon
Are you a passionate, dedicated HLTA seeking your next opportunity to support students with physical or special education needs? Are you passionate about supporting a busy, inclusive SEN department, and have experience leading and developing the skills and abilities of team members? If so, this could be the opportunity you have been looking for.
Tradewind Recruitment are working with a thriving Secondary School in Hillingdon who are seeking a passionate, experienced, talented HLTA to join their SEN team ASAP. This is a full time, long term post, with a view to become permanent for the right candidate.
About the role - SEN HLTA - Hillingdon:
- This role will see you responsible for attending to pupils' personal needs, including social, health, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters through assisting with the development and implementation of Medical and Personal Care programmes
- You will make a significant contribution in removing barriers to ensure pupils have equal access to the education whilst supporting the vision and direction of the school where innovation and inspirational learning for all is the core value
- Set challenging and demanding expectations and promote self-esteem and independence
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to their individual needs.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
- Hold high expectations and promote self-esteem, well-being and independence.
- To liaise with pupils, their families and other professionals to ensure full medical history is gained and follow-up information is implemented as required.
About the candidate - SEN HLTA - Hillingdon:
- The ideal candidate for this role will be a HLTA with similar experience supporting students with physical and special educational needs in a Secondary School setting.
- A current First Aid Certificate is essential; a Manual Handling Certification is desirable but not essential
- You will be able to work constructively as part of a team, understanding team roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
- The role will require some lifting or physical manipulation of children whose mobility is restricted as well as bending and stretching, to complete intimate care tasks, you must be confident with carrying out these tasks
Located in Hillingdon, this Secondary School is very well serviced by public transport, and parking is available for those who drive. This School is easily reached from all areas of North, West and Central London as well as the bordering Home Counties.
Click 'Apply' to be considered for this exceptional opportunity as an SEN HLTA in Hillingdon. For more information about the role, please call, or send your CV to Caitlin; 0207 845 5450 option 2 / Caitlin.Cranwell@twrecruitment.com
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.