This forward thinking and creative school are looking for an enthusiastic High-Level Teaching Assistant to join our team on a supply/ad hoc basis in the Southwark area.
Position: High-Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
Contract Type: Supply/Ad Hoc
Working Days: 1 to 5 days a week
As a High-Level Teaching Assistant at our school, you will play a crucial role in supporting our students with Autism Spectrum Conditions (ASC), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), and other Complex Needs. Your responsibilities will include:
- Classroom Coverage: Effectively covering classes in the absence of the regular teacher, ensuring a safe and productive learning environment.
- Activity Leadership: Leading and facilitating educational and recreational activities that engage and support the students' learning and development.
- Student Support: Providing one-on-one and small group support to students, tailoring your approach to their specific needs and abilities.
- Collaborative Work: Collaborating with the teaching staff to create a supportive and inclusive learning environment.
To be successful in this role, you should have the following qualifications and attributes:
- Previous experience working in an educational setting, ideally with students who have ASC, SLD, or other Complex Needs.
- A genuine passion for working with students with special educational needs and a strong commitment to their progress and well-being.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as you will be working closely with students, their families, and colleagues.
- A flexible schedule, with the availability to work between 1 and 5 days a week, as needed.
If you are ready to make a meaningful impact in the lives of students with complex needs and be part of a supportive and dynamic team, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
How to Apply:
To apply for the High-Level Teaching Assistant position, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and your motivation for applying.
Note: The school name is intentionally omitted from this advertisement.
Join us in creating a nurturing and inclusive learning environment where every student has the opportunity to thrive. Your dedication and passion can make a real difference!
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.