The school is seeking either an experienced teacher or NQT who:
* Has experience of teaching History to GCSE on the new specification (2016), with A-level experience desirable
* Has a warm, supportive teaching style and can engage students of all ages and ability levels
* is keen to contribute to the school's extracurricular History provision such as trips and house competitions- previous trips have included visits to Canterbury and even Berlin!
* can work as part of a team in a supportive, creative Humanities department who enjoy excellent engagement and enthusiasm from their pupils
This role would ideally be on a full-time basis five days a week, although part time may be possible due to flexibility in the department. The school is also keen to hear from teachers who specialise in Geography but can offer History at KS3 and at Foundation GCSE level.
This school prides itself on its high expectations for all students, and uses a House system and regular reward trips to motivate its pupils. The Humanities department here is very well-supported and led by a member of SLT, who works closely with his department to ensure job satisfaction and excellent academic results. SLT are also closely connected with the school's NQT training scheme, offering strong support to teachers beginning their career- they take on several NQTs every year.
The school site is modern and well-equipped, with particularly generous facilities for sports, music and DT. It is located close to the M25 with easy access via car and bus from Cheshunt, Potters Bar and Enfield.
In order to be considered for this Humanities position you will need:
* QTS status or equivalent (overseas teachers will be considered with appropriate NARIC certification)
* Enhanced DBS or Overseas Police Checks if necessary
* An updated CV, covering the last 10 years of employment, with 2 recent references
* A legal right to work in the UK (We are not able to offer sponsorship for this role)
Click Apply now to be considered for the opportunity to interview at this over-subscribed Hertfordshire school or for more information about the role please call Danny on 01727236255 or email email@example.com
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 3rd year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.