Tradewind are recruiting! Are you an experienced and self motivated ICT Technician looking for your next position in a good secondary school in Knowsley? If so, read on….
Our client school is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic ICT Technician to support quality teaching and learning in their school. You will be responsible for assisting in the day to day running of the school network, associate devices and its users, responding to first line support requests in a timely and professional manner. This post requires excellent trouble-shooting skills and an enjoyment in providing advice and support on the use of ICT hardware and software. You will work with the Business Manager and external support services to ensure the ICT systems within school are operational.
This position is a temporary position to start as soon as possible and will continue until further notice. The position will be paid hourly at a rate of £12 - £18 an hour and you will be expected to work the hours of 8am until 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
You will be expected to :-
* Support teaching and learning through effective use, and support, of ICT
* Provide support to staff and pupils in person or remotely when appropriate.
* Resolve hardware and software issues with a timely and professional manner
* Troubleshoot requests and liaise with the Senior ICT Technician and external support services when encountering more complex issues
* Maintain the ICT Support helpdesk e.g. attend requests for support, ensuring timely resolution and updating the system with current progress and further tasks.
* Ensure ICT equipment is operational at the start of each day
* Perform routine maintenance and upgrade of ICT equipment
* Support the effective use of school hardware systems e.g. Workstations, laptops, photocopiers, printers, network equipment
* Image ICT equipment and connect them to the appropriate network with specified settings
* Setup and operate audio visual equipment for school events e.g. assembly, parents evening, presentation evening
* Support the effective use of school software systems e.g. Windows 10, Office 365, Sims, Internet Filtering, Anti-virus, Active Directory
* Administer security systems such as internet, anti-virus and wireless filtering
* Advise on software and hardware solutions for the tasks at hand
* Ensure the safe disposal of obsolete equipment, used consumables and waste materials in line with recognised procedures and legal requirements.
* To undertake regular stock checks and maintain an inventory if ICT hardware and software
* Maintain user accounts, passwords and permissions
* Maintain email accounts, distribution groups, address book, calendars
To be considered for this position you will:
* have previous experience in this role
* be an organised, enthusiastic and proactive person
* hold a child workforce enhanced DBS certificate which is on the update service, or be willing to apply for a new one (costs refunded back to you when you complete 20 days work)
* be able to provide 2 employment references
* have a CV must that covers the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any gaps in employment must be explained
* have the legal right to work in the UK
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact! That's 23 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position or call Susanne on 0151 221 9666 for more information.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.