Intervention Teaching Assistant
Intervention Teaching Assistant
Tradewind are recruiting! Are you an outstanding Teaching Assistant looking for your next position in Ellesmere Port? If so, then we want to hear from you!
Our Ellesmere Port secondary schools are pre-empting a high demand for Teaching Assistants for intervention and catch up learning due to the closure of schools during the spring and summer months. If you're looking for a full-time position to support pupils in their learning and to 'catch up' in core subjects they may have fell behind in then please read on. All of our secondary schools are warm and welcoming environments with great resources and supportive leadership teams.
As part of this role you will be required to work collaboratively with the teachers and other members of staff, and the school SENCO. You may work on a one to one basis with a student or with a small group of students. You will be responsible for making learning as accessible as possible for the students that you work with and, therefore, it is essential that you show empathy and patience whilst ensuring the students are engaged as much as possible. A Teaching Assistant is a very rewarding role and one that is an integral part of school life.
To join us and be considered for this Teaching Assistant position you must:
- Hold a recognised Teaching Assistant qualification at Level 2 minimum
- Hold a degree or relevant experience in child based employment with transferable skills into the classroom
- Have experience supporting pupils across Key Stages 3 and 4 (11-16);
- Hold an Enhanced DBS on the update service (or be willing to apply for one with costs refunded after completing 20 days work), Overseas police check (if applicable) and satisfactory references;
- Provide a CV and it must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any gaps in employment must be explained;
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact! That's 23 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this Teaching Assistant position or call Susanne on 0151 221 9666 for more information.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
£70 - £80 per day
£65.00 - £75.00 per day
Oldham, Greater Manchester
£65 - £75 per day
Salford, Greater Manchester
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.