Key Stage 2 Teacher
Key Stage 2 Teacher
Tradewind Recruitment is now recruiting for a Key Stage 2 Class Teacher on a 12-month temporary contract. The role, based within a Knowsley-based Primary School, could be the ideal next step in your career.
If you are ambitious, inspirational, creative, open-minded, and want to be part of our success then we want to hear from you!
Providing our young people access to a world-class education and enrichment experiences is what drives us. Our students benefit from a wealth of opportunities to develop, learn and lead. From the classroom, to cultural visits, sports, music and arts and engaging with our local communities, the rich and varied experiences we create help fuel ambition and unlock potential. The education and experiences equip our young people with the leadership skills, team spirit, resilience and confidence to become outstanding citizens.
We work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the school's vision, to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Deliver the curriculum as relevant to the age and ability group/subject/s that you teach;
- Be responsible for the preparation and development of teaching materials, teaching programmes and pastoral arrangements as appropriate;
- Be accountable for the attainment, progress and outcomes of pupils you teach;
- Be aware of pupils' capabilities, their prior knowledge and plan teaching and differentiate appropriately to build on these, demonstrating knowledge and understanding of how pupils learn;
- Have a clear understanding of the needs of all pupils, including those with special educational needs, gifted and talented, EAL, disabilities and be able to use and evaluate distinctive teaching approaches to engage and support them;
- Demonstrate an understanding of and take responsibility for promoting high standards of literacy including the correct use of spoken English (whatever your specialist subject);
- If teaching early reading, demonstrate a clear understanding of appropriate teaching strategies e.g. systematic synthetic phonics;
- Use an appropriate range of observation, assessment, monitoring and recording strategies as a basis for setting challenging learning objectives for pupils of all backgrounds, abilities and dispositions, monitoring learners' progress and levels of attainment;
- Make accurate and productive use of assessment to secure pupils' progress;
- Give pupils regular feedback, both orally and through accurate marking, and encourage pupils to respond to the feedback, reflect on progress, their emerging needs and to take a responsible and conscientious attitude to their own work and study.
- Use relevant data to monitor progress, set targets and plan subsequent lessons;
- Set homework and plan other out-of-class activities to consolidate and extend the knowledge and understanding pupils have acquired as appropriate;
- Participate in arrangements for examinations and assessments.
To express an interest, simply click 'apply' and we will contact you as soon as possible to discuss a registration. Alternatively, call the Tradewind Liverpool branch on 0151 221 9666 for more information regarding how we can support your next career move.
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay.
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact! That's 23 more than our next nearest competitor.
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100.
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success.
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement.
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability.
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.