KS1 Intervention Teacher - Part-time - Stockport
KS1 Intervention Teacher - Part-time - Stockport
Do you have proven success delivering interventions to KS1 pupils? Are you driven to transforming primary outcomes across the core subjects?
On behalf of our client school, Tradewind are looking to appoint an experienced Primary teacher to deliver interventions across KS1 in a highly popular school in Stockport. This is a part-time position which will commence April 12th and will run until at least the end of the academic year. This position comes with a competitive salary which will reflect your experience and suitability; regrettably, the school are unable to consider NQT's for this position.
This 'Good' rated school is regarded as a highly reputable school that is well known in the area as a result of academic achievement and strong relationships with local families. The school aims to foster Christian beliefs and values and support children to acquire knowledge, skills and attitudes that will be both relevant and meaningful to them in society. Staff at this school are hard-working, dedicated to their role, and as a result of high expectations of teaching and learning, pupils at this school achieve well.
About the Role
This is a part-time role (3 days a week) which heavily focuses on delivering targeted interventions in both literacy and numeracy to pupils not meeting age related expectations. The successful candidate will be experienced teaching in KS1 and have a thorough up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum across KS1 and successful transitions through this primary phase of learning.
As a teacher joining the KS1 department, your responsibilities will include:
- Attain the highest standards of teaching and learning across KS1
- Delivering targeted interventions in both literacy and numeracy to address missed content and bridge gaps in learning
- Communicate effectively with class teachers across KS1 to discuss individual pupil needs
- Create targeted intervention plans and evaluate their success in relation to targets met
- Keep up to date records of assessment based on verbal and written feedback and reflect on when and what to reteach without disrupting the pace of curriculum content to be taught.
- Work well independently as well as part of the KS1 team and be open to new ideas as well as sharing knowledge of you own expertise area
- Use modern technology to enhance learning opportunities
The school is well resourced and benefits from a range of ICT including touch screen TV's, Chromebooks and IPADS. The school has accessible links to wider areas of Manchester and benefits from a secure car park with spaces available for all members of staff.
- QTS (or an equivalent teaching qualification)
- A minimum of 2 Years of teaching experience teaching in a KS2 setting
- Demonstrated success in KS2 with excellent references to support your previous experience
- Provide a CV with 10 years employment history and explanations of any CV gaps
- Be subject to an enhanced DBS check and Overseas Police Check (if applicable).
- Have a right to work in the UK
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this unique opportunity as a KS1 intervention teacher in Stockport. Or for more information about the role, contact Charlotte on 01616740138 or alternatively email Charlotte.email@example.com.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
£131 - £185 per day
Trafford, Greater Manchester
£125 - £185 per day
Tameside, Greater Manchester
£85.00 - £180.00 per day + +Over 30 Accredited CPD Courses
Wigan, Greater Manchester
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.