KS1 Phonics & Reading Teacher - Stockport
KS1 Phonics & Reading Teacher - Stockport
Are you an English specialist who is passionate about teaching reading and phonics? Tradewind are looking for an exceptional candidate to support a Reading Recovery Curriculum!
On behalf of our client school, Tradewind are looking to appoint an exceptional Primary teacher to deliver phonics and reading interventions across KS1. This is part-time position which will commence May 2021 and run initially until the end of the summer term with the possibility of an extension. This position comes with a competitive salary which will reflect your experience; regrettably on this occasion, the school are not able to consider applications from NQT's.
About the School
The school has has shown significant academic growth in recent years and was recently judged 'Good' at Ofsted. The school is led by a passionate Headteacher, whom is well respected by Staff and drives her team towards continuous positive change with the children being placed at the heart of every decision. Moving forward, the school now look to build on prior successes and look forward to welcoming a teacher in the KS1 departments to help support pupil progress in Literacy.
About the Role
This part time role will involve working 3 days a week (days can be negotiated) and will heavily focus on delivering targeted interventions in phonics to KS1 pupils to facilitate the reading recovery curriculum. The successful candidate will be highly competent teaching phonics and show dedication and commitment towards accelerating pupil progress in reading. The role will involve supporting whole classes, small groups as well as 1:1 support.
As a teacher joining the KS1 department, you will be expected to:
- Attain the highest standards of teaching and learning across KS1
- Delivering targeted interventions in phonics to accelerate pupils progress win reading
- Communicate effectively with class teachers to discuss individual pupil needs and provide continuous feedback on progress
- Create/follow intervention plans and evaluate their success in relation to targets
- Keep up to date records of assessment based on verbal and written feedback and reflect on when and what to reteach accordingly
- Be an effective communicator, team player and be open to new strategies and suggestions that support best practice.
After visiting this school, it is evident that all staff care deeply about their role and supporting pupils in their care within a safe, inclusive environment. The school succeeds on a foundation of strong trusting relationships between staff and children which are based on mutual respect, patience and understanding.
- QTS (or an equivalent teaching qualification)
- Experience teaching and delivering phonics across Early Years and KS1
- Demonstrated success in with excellent references to support your experience
- Provide a CV with 10 years employment history and explanations of any CV gaps
- Be subject to an enhanced DBS check and Overseas Police Check (if applicable).
- Have a right to work in the UK
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this fantastic part-time opportunity as a Phonics and Reading Teacher in Stockport. Or for more information about the role, contact Charlotte on 0161-674-0138 or alternatively email Charlotte.firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.