KS2 SEN Teaching Assistant
KS2 SEN Teaching Assistant
Do you have a passion for working with primary aged children?
Have you previously supported children with additional needs such as; Autism, SEMH and physical difficulties?
Tradewind is currently working with a large primary school in the Bedford (Kempston) area who supports their local community and provides an excellent hub for pupils to enjoy their life at School. The Head is on a journey to raise standards throughout and would like to strengthen the team for the summer term with the potential of carrying in the new academic year.
We are currently looking for a member of staff who can support a pupil on a 1:1 basis in KS2 and also work with other pupils from time to time. The pupil is on the autistic spectrum and can display challenging behaviour. If successful, you will be required to help the pupil access the curriculum and help with the pupils needs throughout the day.
What we are looking for (criteria):
- Previous experience within a School or similar environment is essential (min 3 months)
- Degree qualified or completed relevant SEN courses
- Ideally one or more of the following; Team teach, Makaton, pecs, manual handling and other such courses
- Excellent knowledge of the different types of special education needs
- Outstanding communication skills
- Able to work well as part of a team and on your own initiative
- Can use effectively use visual aids (Makaton and pecs)
- Up for a challenge!
- Can start after the Easter break and commit for at least the summer term
If you meet the criteria mentioned, we would be keen to speak with you as soon as possible and potentially arrange a meeting with the Head after the Easter break. If successful, you will then start straight away and continue on a full-time basis for the rest of the academic year with the scope to continue in September.
Apply via the link and Tradewind will be in touch to discuss the next steps!
Why work for Tradewind?
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we are committed to putting candidates & staff first.
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates.
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however, we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter.
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we are proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.