Learning Support Assistant
Learning Support Assistant
Tradewind Recruitment are working with a coeducational Secondary Academy in Barnet who are seeking an exceptional Learning Support Assistant to join their team on a full time, long term basis. This position will commence in September and run until the end of the academic year in July 2021.
As a Learning Support Assistant at this inclusive, progressive school, you will be working with students who have Education, Health and Care Plans to ensure they are achieving their set goals and they are getting the individual, bespoke support they need. The students you will support across KS3 - KS5 have a range of needs including Mild Learning Difficulties, Autism Spectrum Condition, Speech and Language difficulties and Depression. Prior experience working with students with similar needs is preferred.
To be successful in this Learning Support Assistant position in Barnet, you will:
* Be a compassionate, considerate, motivated and confident individual
* Have prior experience working young people with Special Educational Needs in any setting
* Be proactive and use your initiative
* Have excellent communication skills and be able to adapt to each students' needs
* Be able to differentiate lessons and tasks to each students' needs
This position would particularly suit a Learning Support Assistant with prior Secondary School experience, a Youth Worker keen to transition into a classroom setting or a recent Graduate with experience working or volunteering with youths.
Click 'Apply' to be considered for this exceptional opportunity as a Learning Support Assistant in Barnet. Or for more information about the role, please call, or send your CV to Caitlin; 0207 845 5450 option 2 / Caitlin.Cranwell@twrecruitment.com
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
· We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
· We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
· Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
· Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
· Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
· Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
· Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this Learning Support Assistant role in Barnet you will need to:
· Have previous experience in a similar role
· This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
· Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
· You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most. Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
£70 - £80 per day
£70 - £90 per day
Birmingham, West Midlands
£60 - £65 per day
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.