Learning Support Assistant
Learning Support Assistant
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of young learners? Do you have experience working with children and a desire to pursue a career in education? We have an exciting opportunity for you! We are currently seeking a dedicated Learning Support Assistant to join our team at a thriving mainstream secondary school in Hammersmith & Fulham.
Position: Learning Support Assistant
Location: Hammersmith & Fulham, Mainstream Secondary School
Start Date: ASAP
Contract Type: Full-time, Long-term
- Provide one-on-one and small group support to students with special educational needs (SEN) in mainstream classrooms across Key-Stages.
- Assist in creating and implementing learning plans for individuals, tailored to meet the unique needs of each student.
- Collaborate with teachers and other professionals to develop appropriate strategies and interventions.
- Support students in accessing the curriculum, including classroom activities and assessments.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment, promoting the social and emotional development.
- Monitor and track student progress, providing regular feedback to teachers.
- Encourage student independence and self-confidence.
- Always ensure the safety and well-being of students.
- Previous experience working with children, preferably in an educational setting.
- Possession of an up-to-date Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate on the update service (can apply through Tradewind).
- A genuine passion for supporting the learning and development of young people.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Patience, empathy, and the ability to build positive relationships with students.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of students and the school.
- A proactive and collaborative approach, working effectively within a team environment.
- A degree in a relevant field would be advantageous but not essential.
We value the commitment and dedication of our staff, and we offer a competitive rate of pay. The range for this position is from £80.00 to £100.00 per day, depending on experience and qualifications.
This role provides an excellent opportunity for recent graduates or individuals looking to explore a career in education. You will have the chance to work alongside experienced professionals, gain valuable hands-on experience, and make a real difference in the lives of young learners.
If you are enthusiastic, compassionate, and eager to contribute to the success of students with SEN, we would love to hear from you! Don't miss out on this rewarding opportunity. Apply now by submitting your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are interested in this role.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.