Learning Support Assistant
Learning Support Assistant
The role commences after the October Half-Term Break and will be for the remainder of the academic year.
About the role:
* Supporting children who have Speech and Language difficulties, ADHD, ASC and ODD
* Full time- Long-term, Monday- Friday 8:30-3:30
* The successful Applicant will have previous experience working alongside children with ASC and S&L difficulties
* You will be expected to work as part of a team with the class teachers within Year 6
* Good organizational skills and timekeeping is essential
* Ability to prepare and deliver interventions and 1:1 sessions with each child and keep records of their short and long-term progress.
*Building rapport with the Students and to engage them in the activities to stimulate Learning
This is an ideal role for someone who has experience working alongside students with SEN, and more specifically ASC and Speech and Language Difficulties. The school requires someone who is patient and doesn't expect results overnight. You will be working in two different year groups, which means it is essential to get to know both classes and teachers to the highest of your ability as you only have half days with each student.
"The behaviour of pupils is outstanding in both the main school and the speech, language and communication centre. Pupils are highly motivated, very keen to learn and do the very best they can. This is epitomised in the outstanding care they show in the presentation of their work" - Ofsted
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join and be successful in this Learning Support Assistant role you will need to:
* have the legal right to work in the UK
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history
* This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearance
* You must have worked as a Caretaker in a mainstream or corporate organisation
* Practical skills to carry out minor repairs
To apply for the position as Learning Support Assistant in Heston, Hounslow Please contact Adam Bamford on 0207 -845 5450 and/or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.