Learning Support Assistant
Learning Support Assistant
Join Our Team as a Learning Support Assistant in Lambeth!
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of young individuals? Do you have experience working with children and a strong desire to pursue a career in education? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Learning Support Assistant at a mainstream secondary school in Lambeth.
Position: Learning Support Assistant
School: Mainstream Secondary School, Lambeth
Start Date: ASAP
Contract: Full-time, Long-term (until the end of the academic year)
Salary: £80.00 - £100.00 per day (depending on experience)
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will play a crucial role in supporting the educational and personal development of students within the school.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing one-on-one or small group support to students with additional learning needs.
- Assisting the class teacher in delivering engaging and inclusive lessons.
- Supporting students in their academic progress and helping them overcome challenges.
- Promoting a positive and inclusive learning environment, fostering a sense of belonging and confidence among students.
- Working with other members of the school team, including teachers, parents, and external professionals, to develop individual learning plans.
- Assessing and documenting students' progress, maintaining accurate and up-to-date records.
- Assisting with the preparation of learning materials and resources.
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of students.
To be considered for this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Previous experience working with children, preferably in an educational setting.
- A genuine passion for supporting the learning and development of young individuals.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with students, parents, and colleagues.
- A patient and empathetic approach, understanding the diverse needs of students and adapting your support accordingly.
- A valid DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) certificate on the update service (can apply through Tradewind)
- Flexibility and adaptability, with the ability to work effectively within a team and respond to the changing needs of students.
- A degree or relevant qualification in a related field would be an advantage.
Why Join Us: This position offers an excellent opportunity for graduates seeking to explore a career in education. You will gain valuable experience working in a dynamic and supportive school environment, making a significant impact on the lives of students. We provide competitive rates of pay, and the long-term nature of the role ensures stability and the chance to develop your skills and expertise. If you are enthusiastic, dedicated, and eager to contribute to the educational journey of young individuals, please reach out to Cian Kelly at Cian.email@example.com. Take the first step toward a rewarding career in education and apply now for the Learning Support Assistant position at our mainstream secondary school in Lambeth.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.