Learning Support Assistant
Learning Support Assistant
Tradewind is recruiting for a Learning Support Assistant for a special needs school & college in Manchester!
Do you have experience supporting children or young adults with Autism or Complex Needs?
Are you motivated to see all young people succeed and reach their full potential?
About the role:
- Learning Support Assistant for a special needs school and college in Manchester.
- Start date - ASAP.
- Full time and long term with the potential to turn in to a permanent contract.
- Pay up to £75 per day.
- Supporting pupils on a 1:1, 2:1 or small group basis within the college department.
- Ideally you will have some experience or training in one or more of the following: Moving & Handling, Personal Care, PECS, Makaton, Team Teach, Autism strategies etc.
- Providing nurturing and caring support for behaviour, emotions, learning and physical needs.
- Supporting pupils in the lead up to their transition out of formal education.
- Previous experience as a Learning Support Assistant, SEN Teaching Assistant, Learning Mentor, Care Worker or Support Worker required.
About the school:
- Special school & college for young people with Autism (ASC), Physical Disabilities and Complex Needs.
- Rated OUTSTANDING by Ofsted.
- The school is a fun, happy and welcoming place to be. Staff are expert at creating exciting and engaging classrooms and tailoring their lessons at just the right level for each individual.
- They have high expectations to make sure that each pupil reaches their potential as life-long learners, is respected unconditionally and valued equally.
- Curriculum ranges from P1 to National Curriculum L3 and pupils are group according to level.
- Strong emphasis on practical and independence related skills.
About the pupils:
- Pupils are aged 11-25 and have an EHCP for SEN which includes Autism, Complex Needs, Physical Disabilities, Sensory Needs or Speech & Language Communication Needs.
- Pupils are both verbal or non-verbal so some will need support with Speech & Language and often use PECS or Makaton to communicate.
- Many pupils require wheelchair or hoist support and therefore training or experience in Moving & Handling is ideal.
- Many pupils have physical needs and wil require Personal Care.
- Staff promote independence, enthusiasm for learning, confidence and courage in their pupils and this is the basis on which pupils are able to achieve.
- The new Learning Support Assistant will need to be empathetic, adaptable, resilient and patient.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
To join us and be successful in this Learning Support Assistant role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.