Learning Support Assistant
Learning Support Assistant
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the learning and development of children with additional needs, including those SEMH (Social and Emotional Mental Health) and Challenging Behaviours. You will work closely with the classroom teacher to ensure that every child receives the support they need to succeed.
The ideal candidate will be available to work Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 3:30pm, five days a week. This is a full-time position, and the successful candidate will be expected to start as soon as possible. There is also the possibility of a permanent direct contract for the right person, so this is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for a long-term position in a supportive and dynamic environment.
- Supporting children with additional needs, including those with SEMH / Challenging Behaviour
- Assisting the classroom teacher with lesson planning and preparation
- Creating engaging and interactive learning activities for children
- Encouraging children to develop their social skills and build positive relationships with others
- Maintaining a safe and supportive learning environment
- Experience working with children, particularly those with additional needs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A positive and empathetic approach to working with children
- A commitment to consistent and effective support
- A willingness to work flexibly and adapt to the changing needs of the school
If you are passionate about working with children and want to make a positive impact on their lives, then we would love to hear from you.
- Your income matters: we will always seek to get you the highest rate of pay and will provide you with the best possible advice
- Your development matters: we offer our people free access to over 2,500 CPD courses, webinars, and resources via the incredible National College
- Your flexibility matters: we tailor the working week to you - daily supply, long-term contracts, and permanent positions all available, all local to you
- Your wellbeing matters: we put people at the heart of everything we do and are proudly a Sunday Times Top 100 employer for 4 years running
- We pride ourselves on our exceptional service to our candidates and are proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as a Learning Support Assistant in North Somerset. Or for more information about the role, contact Hettie Irving on 0117 301 7578/ firstname.lastname@example.org #BRITA
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.