Learning Support Assistant
Learning Support Assistant
ZML300522 Learning Support Assistants in Southwest London
Tradewind Recruitment are working closely with a co-educational secondary school and sixth form in the Putney Heath area located in the Wandsworth borough of London. We are recruiting for driven and passionate Learning Support Assistants to join the already strong workforce. The school are now holding interviews and trials so if this role is for you then get in touch with us!
About the school:
The school is a non-selective school for students between 11 and 18. The school believe in an open, inclusive school environment where they have consistently delivered A Level result well above the national average for the last 3 years, placing them in the top 20% of schools nationally for progress.
In this role you will support the Inclusion team, and the wider school community, by taking responsibility for the engagement and learning of students identified as having social, emotional, mental health and behavioural needs. Other Key Responsibilities include:
- Work with students on an individual and/or small group basis, in and out of lessons
- Support staff members in creating an effective and safe learning environment, by dealing with behaviour that disrupts learning, and providing coaching and peer support to staff members to develop behaviour management strategies
- Work with teachers to assess the needs of individual children, implement Individual Behaviour Plans and monitor their use and effectiveness
- Monitor the progression of all identified students and implement interventions
- Actively promote the safety and welfare of our children and young people
The role will commence after the May half term to the end of the academic year with the potential to stay on in September for the new academic year. The role will be full-time (39 weeks a year) with the hours of 8:30 - 3:30pm.
To join us and be successful in this role you will need to:
- Hold a high-level degree
- Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks (you can apply through Tradewind and get the cost of the DBS refunded after 20 day of working with us)
- Your CV must cover 10 years of employment
- Legal right to work in the United Kingdom
Tradewind are well-known for offering top rates of pay, more CPD (50 in total) than any other agency, a great referral bonus (up to £100 per person referred - so even if you are not looking, do get in touch with your referrals!) and termly networking and social events.
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this position in Wandsworth; or alternatively, for more information please contact Zjantelle Makabali on 02078455450, option 2 / Zjantelle.email@example.com
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.