Learning Support Assistant
Learning Support Assistant
Tradewind Recruitment are currently looking for a number of teaching assistants to work in a educational residential setting based in Cheshire, North of Stockport. This will be a full-time role, long term for 12 weeks and then a permanent contract will be offered if successful.
The school particularly focuses on providing one to one support and small group intervention in addressing social and emotional behavioural barriers to learning.
The ideal candidate will need the following skills:
* Strong behaviour management skills
* Background in youth work
* Experience of working with students with SEMH and MLD in a mainstream or SEN setting
* Team Teach Trained and a good understanding of SEMH/EBD is desired
* Patient and nurturing mannerism
* Be enthusiastic and willing to be 'hands on' in and out of the classroom.
* Good sense of humour, approachable and flexible
* Supporting students on a 1:1 basis who have been excluded from mainstream school
* Lead intervention sessions on 1:1 basis
* Working collaboratively with class teacher
* A strong, supportive and highly experienced leadership team and governing body
* A good understanding of differentiation and behaviour management
Ideally you will need to be a driver with a car to be able to get to the school, they do have onsite parking
The school has a strong behaviour support team with additional support from senior leadership team. There are opportunities for CPD to build on your skill set.
* This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
The Call to action
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position or for more information about the role, contact Yuen Sin on 0161 674 0138 / email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. As a Tradewind employee you'll have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay and plenty of development opportunities. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunity.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.