Learning Support Mentor
Learning Support Mentor
Tradewind are currently recruiting for a full time Learning Mentor for a school in Wirral. The school are looking for the right candidate to start at the beginning of October. This role has a permanent opportunity as the previous Learning Mentor left in May to relocate.
The school is located by the M53, the Wallasey Tunnel and a main train line so is easily accessible by train, bus or car from all areas of the Wirral and Liverpool Central.
Your role will involve working across all year groups building relationships with the students and making social and emotional interventions. You will not be allocated with a specific class but instead work closely with students and families to remove barriers to learning.
The headteacher for this alternative provision is looking for someone who has a background with youth engagement. This can be in a Youth Centre, within a school, within communities as outreach or within children's residential settings. A relevant degree would be advantageous but not essential.
To Be Considered For This Position You Will
* Have excellent interpersonal skills and understand how to engage with teenagers
* Be a committed professional with a determination to make a difference
* Be a organised, enthusiastic proactive person
* Hold a child workforce enhanced DBS certificate which is on the update service, or be willing to apply for a new one (costs refunded back to you when you complete 20 days work)
The Benefits Of Registering With Tradewind
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact! That's 23 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.