Male Learning Support Assistant
Male Learning Support Assistant
Tradewind currently require a male Learning Support Assistant for a Special Needs provision in Wirral. The role will start immediately.
This role requires a male following an assessment from this students therapist and social worker.
** Teaching Assistant/Mental Health/Youth Support Worker
** Merseyside £65 per day, school hours
** SEN - SEMH and ADHD
We are looking for a male Learning Support Assistant to work in an Alternative Provision (subject to a trial day) based in Wirral. The school has excellent train route from Liverpool and is a 10 minute walk from the station. It is also located close to the M53 and Wallasey tunnel.
The aim is to build a solid relationship with this pupil, provide pastoral support whilst being firm and setting clear boundaries of which behaviours you will not accept.
Behaviours to expect are shouting, walking off, continually wanting to go outside, lack of focus in lessons, consistent need for attention.
The ideal candidate will have worked with a variety of young people who may have experienced difficult or vulnerable home lives for example in Youth Centres or out reach programmes. You will need to possess a calm and patient nature but also have a strong approach to behaviour management. The school will also consider a graduate or experienced youth/mental health support.
To join us and be considered for this SEN Teaching Assistant position you must:
* Have experience supporting pupils across Key Stages 3 and 4 (11-16);
* This position is subject to Enhanced DBS which is on the update service, Overseas police check (if applicable) and satisfactory references;
* Provide a CV which covers the last 10 years of employment/education history where possible and any gaps in employment must be explained;
* Have the legal right to work in the UK
You must be able to provide two professional referees to successfully complete our vetting process. These can include places of study.
The benefits of registering with Tradewind Recruitment:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact! That's 23 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this position call 0151 221 9666 for more information.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon your request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
£63.51 - £68.00 per day
St. Helens, Merseyside
£65 - £70 per day
Up to £65.00 per day
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.