Male Teaching Assistant
Male Teaching Assistant
Tradewind Liverpool currently require a male Teaching Assistant to work within a secondary mainstream school based in Liverpool supporting a male pupil with person needs.
** Teaching Assistant/Mental Health/Youth Support Worker
** Merseyside £65 per day, school hours
** SEN - ASC/SEMH/MLD
Are you an experienced Teaching Assistant who has worked with pupils with special educational needs previously?
We are looking for a male Teaching Assistant to work in a secondary school (subject to a trial day) based in Liverpool where difference is embraced and celebrated. The aim is for all students to be confident in their own ability, attain high levels of subject knowledge whilst being well-rounded individuals who are competent in all social aspects of life including education.
You will be allocated to a male pupil within KS3 or KS4 who displays challenging behaviour and has the additional need to have personal care. A sound general knowledge of the national curriculum subjects is desired including a good level of English and Maths.
The ideal candidate will have worked with a variety of SEN children who have personal needs, display challenging behaviours, autism or moderate learning needs such as dyslexia. You will need to possess a calm and patient nature but also have a strong approach to behaviour management. The school will also consider a graduate or experienced youth/mental health support worker with SEN experience.
To join us and be considered for this SEN Teaching Assistant position you must:
* Hold a recognised Teaching Assistant qualification at Level 2 or any other relevant qualification;
* Have experience supporting pupils across Key Stages 3 and 4 (11-16);
* This position is subject to Enhanced DBS which is on the update service, Overseas police check (if applicable) and satisfactory references;
* Provide a CV which covers the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any gaps in employment must be explained;
* Have the legal right to work in the UK.
The benefits of registering with Tradewind Recruitment:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact! That's 23 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this male Teaching Assistant position based in a secondary school in north Liverpool or call 0151 221 9666 for more information.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon your request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.