Mental Health Support Worker
Mental Health Support Worker
Tradewind Recruitment is currently looking for enthusiastic Mental Health support worker, to work in one of our partnership SEMH School in Wigan. The role is full time Monday - Friday 8.30 am - 4 pm working on a 1-2-1 basis with a pupil in Year 6 and group intervention work in the afternoon this role is to start 30th November - July 2021 with the possibility of a permanent contract.
The SEMH School is independent school and caters for pupils from 5 - 16-year olds. The school has a close team who work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils. They pride themselves on steering children in the right direction, nurturing aspiration to progress them academically and socially, to encourage them to take pride in their achievements.
The SEMH School require a Support Worker who has worked with Mental Health within Primary and Secondary aged children. As a Support Worker the ability to engage and build rapport using your understanding of Mental Health and support background is essential.
As a person-centred Support Worker, you will be a dynamic, forward thinking and pro-active team player, with passion and commitment to holistically supporting the vulnerable a pupil in Year 6 on a 1-2-1 in the morning and then group interventions in the afternoon.
If you have worked or studied Mental Health and are interested in working in new settings such as this Good SEMH School based in Wigan.
In these Support Worker roles, your primary areas of responsibility will be to:
* Encourage the development of positive attitudes to learning and behaving through well-planned support.
* Have a creative and innovative approach to understand and supporting to re-engage disaffected learners in education and overcome barriers to learning.
* Support on a 1-2-1
* Monitor pupil learning, social, emotional and behavioural progress against targets and report to the teachers of any changes.
* Be aware of Safeguarding and Behaviour policies of the settings you work in and adhere to the policies at all times.
To join us and be successful in this role, you will need to:
* Have experience in health and social care would be an advantage but not essential.
* Have knowledge and experience working with social, emotional, and mental health difficulties (SEMH); although not essential.
* Team Teach (desirable not essential as training can be provided)
The school is easily accessible with close links to the motorway and a large free car park. The school is close to public transport links with bus stop 5 minutes' walk from the school.
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a Teaching Assistant/ Support Worker in Wigan or for more information about the role, contact Chrissie on 01772 977 333 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.