We are looking to appoint a Music Tutor who has previous experience supporting students with SEN. The school welcomes applications from newly qualified teachers.
The Ideal candidate will:
*Be a passionate and hard-working Music Tutor who has experience working with a variety of different ability students.
*Be a committed practitioner, who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning throughout their role.
*Hold the relevant qualification (degree within subject area and PGCE/PGDE) and be a practicing musician.
You will have strong knowledge and understanding of non-accredited learning programs and RARPA will be strong. You will be confident in assessment and moderation processes, whilst setting a fine example for the young people of the Trust.
As a specialist tutor you will be working with students with ages ranging from 16-25 with disabilities, complex needs and autism. The cohort for each class is small, allowing you to create plans that can be carefully tailored to each individual student's needs. You will work collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary team and partners to help facilitate the progression of each student. You will complete assessments and track progress of achievement and be willing to develop and deliver value added activities specific to the area of specialism along with committing to the Trust's ethos, policies and practice.
Music assists in developing students' self-esteem and confidence. It supports wider learning in essential areas such as communication and social interaction. It encourages active involvement in different forms of music making, both individual and communal, developing a sense of group identity and togetherness.
The trust is in Stockport and is easily accessible by car and public transport.
This "Good" SEN Trust offers a welcoming and supportive environment to parents, carers and their families. Their highly skilled staff look for every opportunity to celebrate the achievements of their young people.
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up a generous bonus.
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this Music Tutor role, you will need to:
* Hold QTS Status or QTLS
* This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks
* You CV must have 10 years employment history included and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
To apply for this position, or hear more about the exciting opportunities we have here at Tradewind, please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 2nd year running!
£27000 - £40000 per annum
£28660 - £39006 per annum
£55 - £70 per day
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£23720 - £35008 per annum
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£9 - £10 per hour
£9 - £10 per hour
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.