Tradewind are working with a school who are looking to recruit a part time OT. The OT will work as part of a team, this is a new team who will be offering a holistic approach to supporting the learners. The OT will be offering therapy sessions according to their own specialism, the therapist will have a therapeutic presence across the schools, lead whole‐staff training and be an ambassador for the school. The successful candidate will have to be a flexible team‐ player and be able to offer therapeutic intervention that aids children's emotional well‐being and learning. An essential part of the role will be to ensure that we achieve and maintain a truly integrated therapy & learning provision where emotional wellbeing is fundamental in ensuring that our pupils make progress in their learning and gain outcomes which secure success at transition.
In addition to the core and general responsibilities (below), this role includes the
* To plan, resource & prepare effective and engaging therapy programmes for children
(supported by the teacher and leaders).
* To liaise professionally with colleagues as appropriate.
* To build positive working relationships with children's families.
* To ensure children responsible for are supervised and safe at all times.
* To plan, lead and deliver whole‐staff therapeutic training.
* To ensure that therapy is facilitated ethically, safely and with consent from all
* To support the assessment of pupils to determine those in need of help
and support and to conduct a range of formal and informal assessments in order to
suit a range of purposes.
* To continue to obtain key information on pupils, through parent/carer
communication, to keep up‐to‐date with any changes in the pupils' lives and inform
the rest of the therapy/teaching team of relevant information
* To support and facilitate smooth and effective transitions where needed
* To provide appropriate support to ensure pupils are able to access their learning,
identifying their individual needs and tailoring their therapeutic programme in line
with these needs
* To work closely with the Head of School and teaching team and other therapy team
members with the development and implementation of therapy progress plans and
reports to parents and carers.
* To attend all therapy and staff meetings.
* To organise and attend individual external supervision, that will support the
therapist with any therapeutic work carried out in the schools, in line with the
therapist's accrediting body
* To support pupils' reintegration back into learning following exclusions, reduced
programmes or extended absence
Handbook and policies around safeguarding and behaviour.
* To be aware of and support differences and ensure all pupils have equal access to
opportunities to learn and develop
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
*We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
*We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
*Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
*Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
*Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
*Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
*Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
OT experience is essential for this role and if you have experience with SEN that would make you stand out.
Please send through your resume to Linzi on firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call me on 0207 8455450and press option 3.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.