Tradewind Recruitment is currently looking for a support worker/youth worker/outreach worker with EBD experience to join this supportive AEP (Alternative Education provision) in Kingswood, South Gloucestershire from 25th February. This is a full time, long-term role of one academic year for the right candidate.
This Alternative education provision creates a supportive academic and holistic environment for the students with emotional and behavioural difficulties. There are 12-15 students attending this AEP, who are disengaged and have BESD. The role will involve supporting a student on a one to one basis. Transporting a disengaged male pupil from Weston-super-mare at various location both in Weston-super-mare and Kingswood will be required. The main site will be based in Kingswood but the cost of travelling between sights will be compensated as 0.45 p per mile.
This provision is looking for a support worker/teacher assistant/youth worker to join their team of outreach workers to support this student in and outside the classroom.
-A strong understanding of students with emotional trauma, and young people in care
-Ability to support the students both academically and emotionally in a calm manner, adhere to safeguarding and behavioral policies at all times, and show adherence to professional boundaries.
-Ability to manage challenging behavior and resistance to engage academically.
-Ability to be flexible and be open to change plans last minute depending on the provision's needs is a must as outreach work will require someone to be able to use own initiative as well as adhere to the instruction given by the project managers of the AEP.
- A collaborative and driven individual who will be able to drive to various other location around Weston-super-mare to engage young people outside the base in Kingswood.
Supporting young people that attend the AEP and work with them in and around the base in Weston-super-mare. It involves at times picking the student from their residence in central Weston-super-mare to the site (Kingswood) and take them to various learning centers such as Leisure Centers and Local libraries.
In return you will have the advantage of working for a large Alternative Education provider with branches across the country
You will gain great amount of knowledge about teaching and supporting young people with BESD
You will be considered for career development opportunities
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn vouchers.
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this KS1 ASC Teaching role you will need to:
* Have your own car and business insurance on your car
* This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position. Or for more information about the role, contact Lottie Dullea on 0117 301 7578 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. As a Tradewind employee you'll have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay and plenty of development opportunities. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 3rd year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.