Part-time Intervention Teacher - Tameside
Part-time Intervention Teacher - Tameside
Are you an enthusiastic teacher seeking a new and exciting role? Are you committed to finding solutions which result in accelerated pupil progress?
On behalf of our client school, Tradewind are seeking to appoint a dedicated teacher who is looking to work part-time and keen to embrace a unique opportunity at a lovely school in Tameside. This role will begin May 2021 and will involve delivering interventions across the core subjects to KS1 pupils. The role will be 3 days a week (Monday-Wednesday) and will initially run until the end of the year with the possibility of an extension. The school are seeking a teacher with proven success delivering targeted interventions to achieve rapid progress and will pay a competitive salary that reflects your experience and suitability. Unfortunately, on this occasion, the school are not able to consider NQT's.
About the Role:
As the KS1 intervention teacher, you will be responsible for multiple groups of children in classes across KS1 who are working well below age related expectations. You will be required to delivered targeted intervention sessions in literacy and numeracy to address missed curriculum content, consolidate basic concepts and support pupils to achieve rapid progress. The successful candidate will be adaptable, a great team player and communicate well with teachers to provide regular feedback about educational achievement and attainment.
As the KS1 intervention teacher, your responsibilities will be but not limited to:
- Delivering targeted interventions in literacy and numeracy to KS1 pupils not meeting age related expectations
- Build a positive rapport with all pupils based on trust and mutual respect and encourage a sense of ownership and accountability of learning
- Thoroughly plan and deliver engaging lessons that motivate and inspire pupils to achieve well
- Ensure activities align with National Curriculum Standards and assess progress against age related expectations
- Keep up-to-date records of progress and provide both verbal and written feedback to address misconceptions, consolidate learning or further challenge pupils
- Use a range of assessment strategies to review, report and reflect on daily practice to inform future planning and improve educational outcomes.
- Communicate effectively with class teachers to plan appropriate lessons and provide regular feedback on individual pupil progress
- Utilise a range of strategies to support learning and cater for visual, audio and kinaesthetic preferences.
To be successful in this KS1 Intervention Teacher role:
- You must hold QTS status or an equivalent teaching qualification.
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and employment breaks must be explained
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
The school is driven by a strong leadership team who work together to achieve desired goals. Behaviour at this school is exemplary due to the implementation of consistent structures and the school is highly-popular within the local community as a result of forming strong relationships with local families. You will be joining a cohesive and committed team who are hard-working, dedicated to their role in the school and you will benefit from high quality in-house CPD opportunities.
By registering with Tradewind, you will benefit from:
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 35 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* A generous referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To apply for this fantastic part-time opportunity as a KS1 Intervention Teacher in Tameside, or hear more about the exciting opportunities we have here at Tradewind, please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email Charlotte.firstname.lastname@example.org
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
£131 - £187 per day
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£131 - £180 per day
Bury, Greater Manchester
£125 - £185 per day
Stockport, Greater Manchester
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.