Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge in your career? Do you have SENDCo experience?
A fantastic opportunity has presented to work as a part-time SENDCo in a lovely 'Good' rated on-form entry school in Tameside where behaviour is exemplary. This is a part-time role (2 days a week) which are flexible but need to be consecutive and will commence ASAP until July 2022. This is a unique opportunity to join a highly successful school and would suit an enthusiastic teacher with SEN experience looking to excel in a leadership role on a part-time basis.
About the Role:
As the SENDCO, you will gain an understanding of children's individual needs across the school and work closely with class teachers to put the correct provision in place for these pupils. You will be expected to utilise a range of strategies to support positive outcomes and liase effecively with outside agencies , providing feedback to all necessary parties. You will carefully, track and monitor progress of all children on EHCP plans as well as those with interventions and communicate effectively with class teachers, parents and other relevant professionals. The successful candidate will have previous SENDCo experience and be whole-heartedly committed to this leadership role and all it entails.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have previous SENDCo experience
- Be an integral part of the Senior Leadership team
- Have an excellent understanding of how to secure progress and improve outcomes for all pupils
- Have experience planning and delivering provision for a wide range of specific needs
- Be able to effectively implement an intervention programme to raise levels of attainment.
- Have experience of effectively supporting colleagues to develop their practice
- Have the knowledge and skills to liaise effectively with a range of agencies
- Enjoy working as part of a team and have fantastic communication skills
This position would suit a teacher who is looking to excel in a leadership role within a lovely school with a warm ethos and supportive community feel. The school has strong links with the church community and has an excellent reputation across Tameside for its academic achievement and ability to provide a rich curriculum through enjoyable, memorable experiences.
To be successful in this role:
- You must hold QTS status or an equivalent teaching qualification.
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and employment breaks must be explained
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
By registering with Tradewind, you will benefit from:
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 35 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* A generous referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To apply for this fantastic opportunity as a part-time SENDCo, please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email Charlotte.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the role.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.