Tradewind are supporting a thriving academy in South Birmingham to recruit for a PE Teacher to start this April.
As a long term PE Teacher, you will be expected to perform all the duties that a permanent PE teacher would (planning, marking, assessing), and for this reason you will be paid in line with the main teaching pay scales. As a daily rate, this translates to between £131.00 and £189.53 per day, depending on experience and qualifications. This vacancy is initially due to last until the end of the academic year.
The successful PE Teacher will be responsible for teaching PE lessons to Key Stage 3 and 4. Experience teaching GCSE PE theory lessons, and experience teaching BTEC Level 2 PE are desirable for this position but this is not essential, as long as you have the knowledge to deliver this, and the drive to learn a new specification. Applications from passionate and engaged NQTs will certainly be considered for this position, and with an experienced head of department, and experienced staff members who can act as mentors, there is potential for completing a term of your NQT during this placement.
We work closely with the academy in question, and know it to be an extremely welcoming place to work; with a senior leadership team that take time to integrate temporary staff members into their school. Being the heart of the community, the school work hard to ensure that pupils are enriched personally, and that their well being is well accounted for. They are looking for a practitioner that shares their vision and values. Understanding the current climate, the academy has an excellent COVID procedure in place to ensure the safety of all staff and students.
This GOOD rated school has a cohesive senior leadership team who drive a culture of team work and a healthy work/life balance. The school has ample on site parking. Public transport is available within the immediate area for local candidates. Staff facilities include a modern staff room with excellent amenities and subsidised meals.
* Delivering PE lessons across Key Stage 3 & 4
* Planning, marking and assessment
* Running clubs after school
Candidates must be able to provide legal right to work in the UK in order to apply for this role as well as a full DBS and CV with a 10 year work history.
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a PE Teacher in South Birmingham. For more information about the role, contact Louise Claire on 0121 643 505 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.