Tradewind are currently recruiting for a QTS qualified PE Teacher to work at a Secondary alternative provision in Barnet, North-West London teaching across KS3 and KS4. The role is full time and long term, starting in September 2021 and will most likely go permanent for the right candidate.
The school is a Good Ofsted rated school providing for students who have moderate to severe learning difficulties and who have their own Educational Health Care Plans. The school holds the belief that each and every student is entitled to another chance and that they can and will achieve. Students usually present with behavioural difficulties, linked to SEBD and or SEMH (social, emotional and behavioural difficulties / mental health needs) and other complex needs. Class sizes are small, between 5 and 7 pupils.
This school is a small provision with only 43 pupils on roll, who aim to put pastoral care at the forefront of everything they do. Their staff turnover is extremely low as they pride themselves on looking after their teachers and support staff in the same way as they do with their pupils. It is a very nurturing environment where they pride themselves on looking after their teachers and support staff in the same way as they do with their pupils. They are committed to the CPD of their staff and always offer additional training where needed - particularly with developing behaviour management skills.
We are looking for a qualified PE Teacher to join our team of educators who can lead the department and teach a wide range of sports including football, rugby, basketball, tennis and athletics. You will need to have knowledge of teaching KS3, GCSE and BTEC. PE is an extremely popular subject at this school and all lessons have a high staff to pupil ratio. You will be always be supported by a team of highly experienced and skilled Learning Support Assistants (a minimum of 2 per class).
The school is easily accessible via the Northern Line, Piccadilly line, Great Northern trains, Thameslink trains and several popular bus routes. There is no car park, but there is off-road parking right outside the school.
- QTS, qualified teacher status.
- Experience delivering the UK National Curriculum of English up to GCSE Level (Language and Literature), including Functional Skills.
- Experience with challenging behaviour and SEN.
- Experience supporting young people with special educational needs, specifically Social, emotional and mental health needs.
- Enthusiastic, resilient and positive approach.
- Must have legal right to work in the UK.
- Assess students' abilities and craft teaching plans
- Adapt learning materials to students' needs
- Keep track of and reflect on students' progress
- Monitor children's behavioural patterns and arrange appropriate interventions if needed
- Find engaging activities to teach skills
- Manage classroom crises and resolve conflict
- Prepare students for transition to the next grade
- Inform parents about their children's performance and potential problems
- Coach/mentor other professionals who work with children with disabilities
- Collaborate with the support staff (e.g. school counsellors and therapists) to create holistic intervention plans
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as a SEN PE in Barnet, North-West London or for more information about the role, contact Alisha Sparks on 0207 845 5450 option 3 or email@example.com
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.