Phonics Teaching Assistant
Phonics Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant, Wigan
Tradewind are recruiting! Are you an experienced Primary Teaching Assistant looking for your next role in Wigan?
Tradewind are currently recruiting a hardworking and organised level 3 intervention primary teaching assistant for a very popular school in Wigan. The role is a temporary role to start ASAP and is to run until July 2021 with the potential to extend.
This 2-form entry Primary School is looking for a level 3 intervention teaching assistant to join their team. They place a great deal of emphasis on friendship, compassion, respect and perseverance.
This Primary School is passionate about providing students with the skills and enthusiasm for Secondary School and offer a nurturing multi-faith environment. They provide a safe, happy and well-disciplined learning environment and have a supportive SLT.
This "good "Primary school caters for approx. 454 pupils across ages 4-11, the school aims to work in partnership with parents to ensure all students are achieving the best they can in a high-quality learning environment. All staff at the school share the ambition and drive to keep improving the school and encouraging pupils to achieve the best results they can and enjoy their time in School.
The school is located on the outskirts of Wigan and is easily accessible via car and has free parking on site. The School is also accessible via public transport and has close bus links.
This primary school is looking for a confident, friendly intervention teaching assistant to work within one of their Year 1 cohorts. The successful candidate must have excellent behaviour management, a good knowledge of the National Curriculum and have prior experience of supporting children with interventions. This school uses Read Write Inc within Phonic and for this interventions role Read Write Inc experience or training is required.
The role itself will involve working with small groups of children within year 1, you will be supporting children to bridge the gap in learning, due to the pandemic. You will work collaboratively with the class teachers to devise schemes of work and identify groups of students who require additional support.
To join us and be successful in this Teaching Assistant role you will need to:
- Hold a L3 or above teaching assistant or equivalent qualification
- Experience of working with Read, Write Inc is essential
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
By registering with Tradewind Preston, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than out next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so your fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a Primary Teaching Assistant in Wigan or for more information about the role, contact Chrissie on 01772 977333 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we are committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however, we will happily accrue this upon request)
- Freer CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we are proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.