PMLD Teaching Assistant
PMLD Teaching Assistant
Do you think every young person should receive equal opportunities throughout their childhood to ongoing care and education?
Have you supported children or young adults with special needs?
To join us and be successful in this PMLD Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
I am delighted to be working with a fantastic, OFSTED Outstanding secondary special school in Trafford, who are looking for a PMLD Teaching Assistant to start on April 19th in a full time and long term role with the potential to turn permanent. Pay up to £75/day.
You will be required to deliver in class support as well as support moving around the school site. This will involve Personal Care and Moving & Handling as well as academic and pastoral support. You will need to assist the class teacher and other TAs with classroom management and the delivery of tasks and activities. You will need to be adaptable and hard-working and willing to muck in with various responsibilities.
About the school:
- Special school & college for young people with Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and severe Autism (ASC).
- Rated OUTSTANDING by Ofsted.
- The school focuses on fun, engaging and challenging lessons and activities that encourage children to explore and learn.
- They have high expectations to make sure that each pupil reaches their potential as life-long learners, are respected unconditionally and valued equally.
- Strong emphasis on practical and independence related skills.
About the pupils:
- Pupils are aged 11-19 and have an EHCP for SEN with including Severe, Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and Autism (ASC).
- Pupils are both verbal or non-verbal so some will need support with Speech & Language and often use PECS or Makaton to communicate.
- Many pupils require wheelchair or hoist support and therefore training or experience in Moving & Handling is ideal.
- Many pupils have physical needs and will require Personal Care.
- Staff promote independence, enthusiasm for learning, confidence and courage in their pupils and this is the basis on which pupils are able to achieve.
- The new PMLD Teaching Assistant will need to be patient, empathetic and understanding and be able to persevere through challenging situations.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To register for this PMLD Teaching Assistant role please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.