PMLD Teaching Assistant
PMLD Teaching Assistant
Tradewind are recruiting! Are you a special needs Learning support assistant with experience of supporting students with physical disabilities and looking to work within Special needs setting near Warmley?
Tradewind Recruitment is currently looking for SEN experienced LSA to support KS3 & KS4 students with PMLD starting in the beginning of next term (April 19th 2021). The role is full-time. This established SEN school in Trowbridge requires the right candidate to support their learners with PMLD on full-time basis and aid them in their emotional and academic development through encouragement, positive reinforcement, and by creating a safe learning environment. This is a long-term role of one academic year for the right candidates with the potential of continuing next academic Year.
School is within easy reach of public transport from Trowbridge, Westbury and Bath.
- A strong understanding of students with PMLD
- Familiarity with personal care procedures and ability to use hoist and manual handling
- Ability to support the student both academically and emotionally in a calm manner, adhere to safeguarding and behavioural policies at all times, and show adherence to professional boundaries. (Manual handling training is highly desirable)
- A collaborative and driven individual who will be able to take directions from the SENCO and other Education professionals.
- Ability to find creative ways to engage the young people.
Role of the PMLD LSA involves supporting the learners in a group setting inside the classroom and as well as on a 1:1 basis. There might be times where support might take place during break times depending on the level of mobility issues and other needs. It also involves guiding the student emotionally and behaviorally at times of stress and helping them to overcome their barriers to social interaction and mobility. There is great support given in regards to training and guidance.
In return, you will have the advantage of working for a reputable SEN school where there is lots of support from the SLT and very experienced learning support and SEN team.
You will gain great amount of knowledge about supporting KS3 & KS4 aged students with PMLD and reporting on positive changes as well as learning.
You will be considered for career development opportunities
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this PMLD LSA role you will need to:
Have experience of working with young people or young adults with physical disabilities.
Be comfortable providing personal care.
Manual handling training is ideal but not necessary for the right experienced.
This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position in Trowbridge Or for more information about the role, contact Ross Churn on 01173017578 / firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.