PMLD teaching assistant
PMLD teaching assistant
If so, we have a rewarding opportunity for you to make a real difference in the lives of young learners. Our special needs primary school in Walthamstow is seeking a PMLD Teaching Assistant to work with primary-aged pupils who exhibit challenging behaviour and require personal care.
As a PMLD Teaching Assistant, you will play a vital role in the educational and personal development of our primary-aged pupils with complex learning needs. This is a unique opportunity to support a class of up to six pupils, all learning at a primary age level. Many of our students have medical conditions that require constant care, making your role essential in ensuring their safety, well-being, and access to a quality education.
- Provide one-on-one and small group support to pupils with PMLD, addressing their individual educational and personal care needs.
- Assist in the development and implementation of tailored learning plans, ensuring each student's unique requirements are met.
- Manage and address challenging behaviours, working closely with the school's specialised staff to create a supportive and inclusive environment.
- Offer constant care, including assistance with feeding, toileting, and medical needs, as required by individual pupils.
- Collaborate with teachers, therapists, and other professionals to promote the holistic development of the pupils.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous experience working with children with PMLD or in special needs primary settings is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of PMLD, special educational needs (SEN), and strategies for behaviour management.
- Patience, empathy, and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and adapt to changing situations.
- A compassionate and nurturing approach to supporting children with complex learning needs.
Why Join Our Team:
- Fulfilling and rewarding work that positively impacts the lives of primary-aged pupils with PMLD.
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities to enhance your skills.
- A supportive and inclusive working environment that values the contributions of every team member.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
How to Apply:
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of children with PMLD and are committed to providing the best possible care and education, we encourage you to apply for this role. Please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and qualifications.
Join our special needs primary school in Walthamstow and be a part of a team dedicated to helping our students reach their full potential. Make a meaningful impact as a PMLD Teaching Assistant, and contribute to creating a brighter future for children with complex learning needs.
If you're interested in this position, please contact Blake.firstname.lastname@example.org
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.