Primary SEN Teaching Assistant
Primary SEN Teaching Assistant
Tradewind recruitment is looking for a conscientious and hardworking teaching assistant to join a Ofsted rated 'Good' SEN primary and secondary school in South Manchester. This beautiful SEN school provides outstanding education for children between the ages of 5 and 16 who have very complex social, emotional and mental health needs. Many of the children who attend the school also have additional learning and communication difficulties. This will be a full-time position, for one term, however.
The special school thrives on providing specialist support for pupils promoting inclusions and enabling learners to achieve high standards academically, socially and personally. Many pupils have been excluded from mainstream education and may have a negative attitude towards school. The school uses a holistic approach when working with pupils and help nurture an interest in learning. The school offers boys a wide range of creative indoor and out door learning opportunities. The school has fantastic support from external therapist who one to one with students.
We are looking for individuals:
* Experience working with SLD, MLD or Autism
* Some pupils are non-verbal some have additional needs as such experience with SEN pupils is required in either a mainstream or SEN setting
* Experience working within a special school
* Ability to communicate with others clearly
* Passionate, caring and approachable personality
* Strong behaviour management skills
* Working in small groups or 1:1 with students
* Supporting Pupils with EHC Plans and Social and Emotional Behaviour Difficulties
* help continue to create a positive learning atmosphere
* Develop good professional relationships with students and other staff member
The school benefits from fantastic public transport link with local buses arriving directly outside the school. The school is well placed for easy access from the motorway network, particularly the M60/M56. There is also secure onsite parking.
In return the school offers continuous opportunities in CPD and a supportive SLT team.
To join us and be successful in this Teaching Assistant role you will need to:
* Hold a Level 2 Teaching Assistant or equivalent qualification
* This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
For further information please contact Victoria Rimmer on 0161 6740138 or forward a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss suitability and then invited to register with Tradewind.
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 40 to be exact! That's 25 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a bonus
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.