Primary Special Needs Teacher
Primary Special Needs Teacher
This position is best suited to teachers who have experience working with Autism (ASC) and any additional learning difficulties. All students in the school will have an Educational Health Care Plan (EHCP). As a Special needs Teacher, you should be able to adapt your lessons and subject material to suit each student's ability. You will be given full support including class based Learning Support Assistants.
The successful Teacher would:
· Work with a class of 8 pupils
· Teach pupils with autism (ASC)
· Be supported by 3 full-time teaching assistants in class + a 1:1 LSA
· Use proactive de-escalation techniques and follow individual therapy plans (Team Teach will be provided)
· Be responsible for ensuring all students achieve their highest potential
· Tailor the learning environment and subject material to suit individual needs
· Work closely with senior leadership and your team of support staff
The ideal candidate for this Special Needs Teacher role will:
· Hold Qualified Teacher Status
· Be a qualified teacher, comfortable teaching both at functional skills and foundation level.
· Be experienced in, or comfortable working in an environment with students with autism, with a variety of special needs, who present challenging behaviour.
Based in Birminaghm, this Ofsted rated 'Outstanding' school caters for pupils with a wide range of SEND but mainly focusing on ASC pupils. This lovely SEND school is interviewing experienced SEND teachers looking for their next long-term opportunity.
The school is located in the heart of the city, and is easily accessible by public transport, with multiple bus routes and train stations located nearby plus a large onsite carpark.
The school grounds are compacted but do contain a superb playground for SEND pupils, sensory garden and break out spaces for staff, there is also a small garden for horticulture. The premises feel warm and welcoming, with students' artwork and photos of school events on display.
As an SEND teacher, you will have access to a supportive and committed team of teachers who work collaboratively to maintain high standards and expectations plus:
· The school is well resourced to support SEND pupils with a sensory room, Hydro pool, break-out spaces and a nurture room
· The school provides various training sessions throughout the year to ensure you are fully supported and trained in a variety of SEND techniques
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact! That's 23 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a SEND Teacher in Birmingham. Or for more information about the role, contact Aneesa on 0121 643 3505 or email me direct firstname.lastname@example.org
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 30 fully certified CPD courses, that's 23 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.