This Sanza client PRU is a specialist therapeutic and educational placement for children who cannot attend mainstream school because of social, emotional and mental health needs, or who have been permanently excluded from school.
The primary task of our client is to meet the social, emotional, mental health and academic needs of highly vulnerable children, so that they are able to make accelerated progress, and be ready for their next stage in learning. They aim to provide a stimulating and secure learning environment for pupils and to give each pupil a positive experience of school.
Sometimes a child stays with the school for only a short period, whilst a permanent placement is being sought. Our client has a unique model of providing support to families with children with primary aged children with significant social, emotional and mental health difficulties through a multi-agency team which brings together a range of workers with different professional skills and expertise working in partnership with parents to achieve best outcomes for their children. The base teacher's role is to be part of a team providing teaching and learning opportunities for a group of children who are educated full-time, including direct teaching of this group.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Teachers must have proper and professional regard for the ethos, policies and practices of the school in which they teach, and maintain high standards in their own attendance and punctuality.
In addition to the general duties of a school teacher as defined in the School Teachers' Pay and Conditions Act, the teacher will have the following duties and responsibilities:
1. To plan and teach stimulating and challenging lessons in flexible and creative ways in order to engage and motivate groups of primary-aged children with social, emotional and mental health difficulties ensuring that they achieve well in their social, emotional and academic development.
2. To collaborate effectively with the multi-disciplinary teams
3. To assess, plan for and monitor children's learning needs
4. To provide reports on children's attainment and progress in line with school policies
5. Establish and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, pupils, parents and carers.
6. Performance of all such other tasks as may be reasonably expected of a teacher in accordance with Teachers Pay and Conditions and the Teacher's Standards at all times in accordance with their duty of care towards children
Some hazards may occur, as faced by all staff working in special needs schools and settings; manual handling, management of difficult behaviour and use of physical intervention, administering medicine. Teachers may be required to carry out other duties as requested by management
* Qualified teacher status
* Additional recognised SEN qualification
* Evidence of further study in Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties
* Team Teach trained This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
* Knowledge and understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum, and the National Curriculum, including planning strategies, assessment procedures including Assessment for Learning and a good understanding of the curriculum modifications and adaptations that secure broad, balanced and relevant opportunities for children with social, emotional and mental health difficulties
* Knowledge and understanding of theories of child development.
By registering with SANZA Teaching Agency & Tradewind Recruitment, we can offer you: More!
*Sanza and Tradewind are sister companies. By applying to this advert you will be contacted by Sanza, and automatically have two agencies working for you.
*We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
*We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact! That's 25 more than our next nearest competitor
*Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
*Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
*Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
*Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
*Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
If you are committed and have the necessary skills required please apply immediately to John Sandford ON 020 78456240 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
SANZA Teaching Agency and Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At SANZA you will have access to 30 fully certified CPD courses, that's 23 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - SANZA Teaching Agency are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.