Primary Teacher - Year 6 - Stockport
Primary Teacher - Year 6 - Stockport
Are you target driven and passionate about raising educational attainment levels? Do you have proven success supporting pupils to achieve rapid progress across the core subjects?
On behalf of our client school, Tradewind are looking for an experienced KS2 teacher with Year 6 SATS experience to join a fantastic school in a diverse community in Stockport. The role will commence September 2021 and run until the end of the academic year. Applicants with KS2 experience (specifically Year 6) are warmly encouraged to apply. Unfortunately, on this occasion, the school will not consider applications from NQT's.
About the school:
This is a high achieving school which was recently judged 'Good' by OFSTED and was particularly praised for school-wide good behaviour and significant growth in reading across the school. A large percentage of children are working at or above age-related expectations and this success is largely due to an experienced Headteacher who works hard to attain the highest standards of teaching and learning across the school.
The school is a two-form entry set up so the successful candidate will be working very closely with the other Year 6 teacher. You must be able to develop and maintain positive relationships with colleagues and be open to sharing advice, resources and successful strategies.
About the role:
As the Year 6 teacher, you be will required to:
- Undertake full class teaching responsibilities for a Year 6 class and comply with behaviour management, assessment and safeguarding policies
- Complete detailed plans that align with National Curriculum standards and create meaningful lessons that engage pupils and relate to real life scenarios
- Plan clear steps to success with definitive criteria and ensure every learner can succeed
- Build a positive rapport with all pupils based on trust and mutual respect and encourage children to take ownership and individual accountability for their learning
- Differentiate lessons to both scaffold and stretch learners appropriately and plan targeted interventions across all core subjects to bridge gaps in learning
- Keep up-to-date records of attainment and use pre and post assessments effectively to inform when to revisit/reteach and incorporate mini-plenaries into lessons
- Liaise with the other Year 6 class teacher to plan targeted interventions to accelerate pupil progress and support pupils meeting age related expectations
- Support pupils, behavioural, social and emotional wellbeing and ensure all children leave Year 6 being readily prepared for the transition to Secondary school.
The school is highly reputable in the area as a result of educational outcomes and strong relationships with local families. The Headteacher, SLT and school staff support the school vision which aims to provide an inclusive education based on participation and enjoyment which allows all pupils to maximise their learning potential. It offers a rich curriculum which supports academic success as well as nurturing talents and wider skill-sets. The school is well resourced and offers useful CPD courses throughout the year.
To be successful in this Year 6 teaching role, you must have the following:
- Qualified Teacher Status (or an equivalent)
- Demonstrated success teaching in a KS2 setting (Year 6 - essential) with references to support your previous experience
- Provide a CV covering employment history over the last 10 years with any gaps explained
- Be subject to an enhanced DBS check and Overseas Police Check (if applicable)
- Have a right to work in the UK
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great opportunity as a Year 6 Teacher in Stockport. Or for more information about the role, contact Charlotte on 0161-674-0138 or alternatively email Charlotte.firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.