PRU Teacher - Manchester
PRU Teacher - Manchester
Have you taught young people at secondary age?
Have you taught young people with challenging behaviours?
Do you have experience teaching pupils a range of subjects including core subjects?
This is a teacher role for someone and significant experience teaching young people at least 2 of the core subjects English, Maths or Science at secondary age. Pupils are working at upper KS2 and KS3 level. You will be required to plan and deliver lessons, monitor progress and differentiate your work to the individual needs of each pupil. Class sizes are usually no more than 8-10 pupils with TA support.
The PRU caters for up to 50 young people at KS3 and KS4 with KS3 pupils attending in the morning until 1pm and KS4 pupils attending in the afternoon from 12noon. All young people have been referred by local high schools or other alternative provisions. They have a great reputation in the local area and have a skilled and supportive team.
All pupils have an EHCP for SEND including Social, Emotional & Mental Health needs (SEMH) and challenging behaviours. As they are working at lower levels they do not require a specialist teacher in each subject area however experience teaching up to GCSE would be ideal for the few pupils that could achieve this.
You will need to have very strong behaviour management skills and have a natural ability to engage with hard to reach pupils from varying backgrounds. You will need resilience and perseverance in order to help pupils achieve.
While often challenging this is a great opportunity to make a real difference to young people with obstacles to learning and those from less fortunate backgrounds.
If this sounds like a role for you read on and get in touch using the contact info below!
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
* An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
* Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.