PRU Teaching Assistant
PRU Teaching Assistant
Are you an open-minded, calm individual interested in working as a TA at a PRU in the Sutton area of South West London?
COVID-19 notice: We're continuing to recruit education staff throughout this lockdown, as we can still get you registered and cleared, ready for when a full compliment of students return to school. Instead of face-to-face meetings, all initial interviews will be via telephone and we can guide you through submitting your documents online.
Tradewind are currently recruiting for a TA for a Pupil Referral Unit in Sutton, South West London. The role is full time and will start ASAP on a long-term basis for the full academic year at least, until July 2021 and will most likely become permanent for the right candidate.
The school is an Outstanding Ofsted rated school providing for primary and secondary students who have struggled in mainstream school environments due to a number of factors including SEN, behavioural challenges and or difficult backgrounds and home lives. Students can often have an EHCP (education health and care plan), differentiated lessons to meet their needs and also have access to child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS), speech and language therapy and education psychologists.
● Experience supporting young people with behavioural difficulties.
● Experience or training with positive handling, Team Teach, MAPA or other similar restraint training.
● Experience supporting students with SEN (special educational needs), SEMH (social, emotional and mental health needs) and or SEBD (social emotional and behavioural difficulties. Also any experience supporting LAC, looked after children, is beneficial.
● Positive and friendly approach.
● A caring and professional manner, willing to support with the social and academic improvement of pupils.
● Must have legal right to work in the UK.
Often the students who attend are at risk of failure. The aim is to teach them the skills to be successful, helping overcome barriers to learning, which may be about improving their behaviour, communication or some other aspects of their learning.
Staff here should be unfazed by challenging behaviour or outbursts of bad language. You will need to be passionate about supporting all students, regardless of ability. The class sizes are much smaller than in mainstream schools (up to 8 students) so they can offer intensive levels of support. Roles such as these are challenging but can also be incredibly rewarding.
The school is within walking distance from 2 tube stations and 2 train lines and is easily accessible by a number of bus routes.
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a PRU Teaching Assistant in Sutton, South West London. Or for more information about the role, contact Tom Meredith on 0207 845 5450 option 3 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
2. We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
3. Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
4. More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
5. Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.