PRU Teaching Assistant
PRU Teaching Assistant
radewind are recruiting! Are you a resilient and optimistic individual wanting to work as a Teaching Assistant in a PRU in the Southwark Borough of London?
Tradewind are currently recruiting for a PRU Teaching Assistant for a Primary Pupil Referral Unit school in Southwark, London. The role is full time, Monday to Friday, 08:30-15:30, to start on a long term basis until September 2021, and will most likely become permanent for the right candidate.
The school in Southwark is a Good Ofsted rated school for up to 70 primary aged students with a statement of Special Educational Needs or who are in the process of obtaining one, who have experienced difficulties in mainstream school. Their main need will usually be challenging behaviour due to Social, Emotional or Mental Health Difficulties (SEMH). Many children will also have additional needs including autism (ASD), Speech, Language or Communication difficulties, ADHD or sensory issues.
Students are taught the National Curriculum as appropriate to their age and ability in small classes of up to 9 pupils with 1 teacher and at least 1 teaching assistant. The successful Teaching Assistant will be moving from class to class to provide support to a variety of ages and abilities. The main responsibility of this highly rewarding role is to support the class teacher in all lessons with the educational and social needs of pupils, assisting in the organisation of class activities, helping to manage class or individual behaviour and performing 1:1 and group work with students to keep them engaged and making progress. Many students will need additional support with literacy and the school utilise Ruth Miskin Phonics training, specifically The Read Write Inc. phonics scheme. Students will also often need support with numeracy and social skills so a strength in written and spoken English and Maths is beneficial to assist with the academic progress of pupils.
- Experience supporting young people with challenging behaviour and or SEMH, social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
- Previous TA, LSA or support work within a school, PRU, Alternative Provision or other child related experience.
- Open-minded, positive and friendly approach.
- A caring and professional manner.
- Must have legal right to work in the UK.
The benefits of working with Tradewind:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
The school in Southwark , London is easily accessible by various tube stations so is accessible via several London boroughs.
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a PRU Teaching Assistant in Southwark London . Or for more information about the role, contact Jade Kierans on 0207 845 5450 option 3 or email@example.com
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.